Lake Country, BC – Flood restoration work at the Creekside Theatre is now complete
In June the emergency deluge system was triggered and thousands of gallons of water dropped onto the Creekside Theatre floor, rigging, drapes and seating.
“We would like to thank our partner in this joint use facility, SD#23, in doing an amazing job leading the renovation process,” said Ryan Donn, Cultural Development Coordinator. “We are so appreciative of the community patience as we recovered from the flood in June. We chose to use the mandate “the show must go on” and for September and the first week of October held our shows in the gymnasium or Winfield Memorial Hall.”
The Creekside Theatre venue reopened with a sold out Beatles Tribute show last Friday, October 13th.
“To be back in our world class theatre with a top notch tribute show in our soft seat venue was highly satisfying for all involved,” said Donn. “Folks had a great time.”
Now we are focusing on the last few shows of the fall season. The shows arranged by the District of Lake Country Cultural Development Coordinator at the Creekside Theatre cater to a diverse demographic of entertainment seekers, are affordable ($29 including all fees and charges) and the parking is always free.
- MILF Life Crisis happens this Saturday (October 21st) and is almost sold out. This show is one woman’s hilarious take on the challenge of midlife dating (after divorce).
- Vishten (Nov 17th) with special guests the YoungUns blend traditional Celtic and Acadian songs and instrumentals.
- Country stars: Chris Buck Band perform Nov 23rd as we test doing our first country show at the Creekside in many years. Our own local rising star, Ben Klick, opens the show.
- TrainWreck Comedy: Wes Barker wraps up our comedy season this fall on November 25th.
- Lastly we want to start doing more classical at the Creekside and we will be hosting a free solo recital featuring Luke Welch on Sunday Nov 16th in the afternoon.
Cash bar and concession will be available at all of the shows listed above.
The full show schedule and ticket information is available on the website www.creeksidetheatre.com and rental information is also available for any group or individual that would like to host an event in this comfortable, centrally-located 260-seat performance venue.
For more information contact: