If ever there was a person worthy of a “citizen of the year award” it was Sax Koyama. As Lake Country does not have such an award, the Oceola Fish & Game Club members felt it appropriate to annually recognize a dedicated citizen within the community, in memory of Sax Koyama.
The annual “Sax Koyama Award” includes the recipient’s name on a plaque to be displayed in perpetuity at the Oceola Fish & Game Club as well as a small plaque or trophy given to the award recipient as a keepsake. The award is presented at the annual banquet of the Oceola Fish & Game Club held in February.
Nominations for the Sax Koyama award are accepted until December 31.
Nomination forms can be downloaded to print and complete for submission, and pre-printed forms are available from Lake Country Municipal Hall. All sections of the nomination form must be completed in order to be considered.
The award is presented to an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the community, taking into account the following:
- The recipient must be a resident of Lake Country and surrounding area north of Duck Lake (e.g. Holiday Park);
- Submissions must be based on outstanding contribution having a direct beneficial effect on the community and its residents.
The main function of this award is:
- To recognize the outstanding efforts of a citizen working for the benefit of the community.
- To foster community spirit.
- To create awareness of the varying contributions made toward the well-being of our community by its citizens.
Drop off your nomination form at Municipal Hall before they close for the Christmas break Friday, December 22; or deliver/mail your nomination form directly to Oceola Fish & Game Club at 11888 McGowan Rd., Lake Country, BC, V4V 1J2 before the December 31st deadline.