The community’s vision for future land use and community development is determined by the Official Community Plan, the regulations in the Zoning Bylaw, and other bylaws, guides and tools. We invite you to view relevant Building documents (including monthly building statistical reports) on-line.
Learn about Development Cost Charges in Lake Country.
Planning & Development works closely with Engineering & Operations to monitor compliance with subdivision development, construction of roads and utilities and the construction of buildings and structures.
The primary focus of Development Services is to assist Council with the management of growth and development in the community.
As Development Services guides the growth and development of the community, the work of the department is ultimately linked to the quality of life of our residents. Development standards are held high and all applications for development are expected to achieve the standards set by Council.
- Access the new 2017 Letters of Assurance forms required under the BC Building Code for all submissions after April 7, 2o17.
- View the materials from the Development Cost Charge Review Open House held January 19, 2016
- Check out BC Housing’s Homeowner Protection Office website which offers building publications and guides as well as licensing information for homeowner builders, and home warranty information.
- Find a Wood Energy Technology Tranfer Inc. certified professional inspector, or learn more about wood heating.
- Read the Private Moorage in the Okanagan Valley brochure to learn about the Provincial government processes involved in building and licensing docks in the Okanagan Valley.
- Please call Lake Country Community Services department for information if you are considering putting in a private moorage buoy in any lakes or waterways in Lake Country. 250-766-6674