The District may support non-profit organizations by providing facilities at no charge or a subsidized rental rate, by jointly operating facilities for public use or by providing grants for community events and projects. To apply for a Grant-in-Aid organizations must complete the Application Form and adhere to the regulations outlined in the Grant-in-Aid policy.
Your application must include the following:
- The most recent Financial Statements including an Operating Statement and a Balance Sheet, or equivalents.
- The most recent Budget of revenue and expenditures with comparatives for the previous 12-month fiscal period. Please show capital expenditures separate from operating expenditures.
- Proof of good standing with the registrar under the Society Act of BC.
- Other pertinent information supporting your request.
Important things to consider:
All requests should be submitted by December 31st for consideration of a grant for the following year. Applications made during the year for a grant that same year will only be considered if the grant budget is not already allocated.
- You are not eligible if you propose to provide a portion of the grant to another organization.
- If your function is regional in nature your application will not be considered.
- Grants shall be community oriented.
- Applications will be evaluated based on whether the applicant meets the criteria and provides benefit to the citizens of Lake Country.
- Final approval on all applications will be confirmed by Council resolution.