Funding Model Information (Parcel Tax FAQ)
2016 Project Updates:
- Woodsdale Road (Seymour to Bottom Wood Lake Road)
- Project overview letter to residents
- Transit notice re possible schedule delays on Route #23 Lake Country and #32 The Lakes during construction May 9-July 1, 2016
- Project Neighbourhood/Block meeting May 3, 2016 (5pm) corner of Seymour Rd & Woodsdale Rd.
- Project Contact info for Pyramid Excavation Corp.:
- Site Superintendent: Brad Cruickshank 250-808-8043
- Project Manager: Pat Adkin 250-808-8052
- Inspector: Dan Stewart 250-980-5500
- Bottom Wood Lake Road (Lodge Rd to Berry Rd)
- Sherman Road Improvements
- Greenhow Road Pathway
December 11, 2015 News Release: Council takes final steps towards implementation of 20-year transportation infrastructure plan
View the most recent reports to Council:
October 6, 2015 Transportation for Tomorrow Funding Strategy presentation from the consultant
February 2015 Transportation for Tomorrow Report to Council.
During the public input process in 2013 an on-line survey was created so residents could share their thoughts and questions about the Transportation for Tomorrow plan.
We’ve all heard a lot about “infrastructure” problems lately. As we bump over the potholes and patches in our Lake Country roads it is easly to feel frustrated and wonder — “Why don’t ‘they’ do something?”
Ironically ‘they’ — your local public works or Roads department — are probably equally frustrated by increased costs, budget reductions and deferred maintenance; and ‘they’ probably are as anxious as you to do somthing.
Unfortunately, neither the media buzz on infrastructure nor finger pointing will solve our community’s roads infrastructure problem. Real, long term, solutions can only come from a committed and cooperative effort by informed citizens and local public officials in conjunction with District Engineering staff and contractors. Difficult decisions have to be made and tough priorities set.
TRANSPORTATION FOR TOMORROW is the long term solution we believe we are all looking for. Thanks for taking the time to review the informative resources below.
Read what it’s all about. This brochure will be delivered to mailboxes throughout Lake Country the week of November 25th, 2013.
Click to see large pdf version of 20 Year Road Improvement Plan.
Roads – Meeting our Needs (an overview)
Video introduction to Transportation for Tomorrow: Roads 101
Let’s Learn about Renewal with professional engineer Michael Trickey
If transit service in Lake Country is of interest to you, we are happy to confirm that improving transit to/from and around Lake Country is one of the priorities included in the Transit Future Plan (see pages 6, 25, and 62-65 for specific info).